It’s no secret that Gynecologist’s offices have long waits, both in the office and scheduling, as many practices have difficulty working patients into their schedules for urgent problems. In some cases, it may take weeks to get a routine appointment in many OBGYN offices. This is mostly due to the demands of busy obstetrical practices and overbooking.
At The Herrmann Practice, we strive to ensure our patients’ health with the ability to provide care quickly, in most cases the same-day. Since our office has shifted its focus away from obstetrics, we are able to offer same-day appointments for urgent problems and common women’s concerns, such as:
- If you notice an usual lump in your breasts during a bath or shower, contact our office immediately for an examination.
- Our office provides same-day screenings to ensure your health with a mammogram to identify if there are signs of breast cancer.
- If you are experiencing uncomfortable symptoms from menopause, we can help. Our practice offers a variety of hormonal treatments that can help you feel at your very best and overcome the negative effects of menopause.
Bladder or Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs):
- If you notice a sudden onset of painful urination, more frequent urination, and constant urges to urinate. If possible it is best to get a urine sample in the office for a culture. We are seeing more bacterial strains that are resistant to the usual antibiotics. Early treatment is important to prevent the symptoms from getting worse and leading to a kidney infection.
- Cranberry juice and over the counter medications are not adequate treatments for UTIs.
- These can be very bothersome to women with common symptoms such as discharge, odor, itching and burning.
- The most common vaginal infection Is bacterial vaginosis, which is caused by certain bacteria that overpopulates the vagina causing a fishy odor. This is also the most difficult to treat and can become a recurrent or chronic infection in many women. This can be treated with a prescription vaginal gel or oral antibiotics. Some patients will require longer term treatments.
- While over the counter treatments of vaginal creams are very effective for yeast infections. Creams and even suppositories are somewhat messy to use and the majority of vaginal infections are not caused by yeast.
- If you are unsure what type of infection you have or have tried a non-prescription cream or suppository and it didn’t work, you need to make an appointment to get an accurate diagnosis and the proper treatment.
Sexually-Transmitted Infections (STIs):
- Maintaining an honest relationship with your women’s healthcare provider is essential to maintaining your overall health. Our friendly and caring staff members have experience talking about those sensitive topics and offer help with any answers to questions about sex.
- We provide STD/STI testing to help identify and treat issues, like: Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Genital warts or human papillomavirus (HPV), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Syphilis, Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS, and more.
- If you are experiencing discomfort contact our office immediately for a STI screening to ensure your overall health.
- If you are experiencing issues with your current contraception or are interested in obtaining a form of contraception that fits your lifestyle and needs, The Herrmann Practice is the place for you.
- We offer ALL types of contraception and can answer any questions you may have. Book your appointment today.
At The Herrmann Practice, we offer both virtual and telephone consultations for patients that can’t come to the office or aren’t sure if they need to come to the office. Due to the current Covid restrictions, most insurance companies are becoming very flexible with virtual appointments making the relationship with your provider even easier. Additionally, with the help of our caring staff, Dr. Herrmann, and our nurse practitioner, Cortney, we can see routine patients for check-ups, contraception, and STI testing either the same day or within the week.
No matter what stage of life you are in, the experts at The Herrmann Practice will ensure that you are living a healthy life through routine examinations and same-day appointments for urgent concerns. From early stages of adolescence to later stages in life, we know what you are going through and can provide answers to questions and concerns you may have about your body. Schedule your annual exam today!